photo NavIG_zpsuzzqczjq.png photo NavPin_zpsmv1krymf.png photo NavCon_zpsgrwsrtkn.png



Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Chi Town

So you may (or may not) remember that on my 2013 New Years Resolutions traveling to Chicago was on there. After a whole lot of pestering from me, J agreed to go for 4th of July.
 
This post will show that my picture taking skills have seriously declined over time and I wasn't fibbing the other day.
 
We had a wonderful time - took in the city, ate LOTS of delicious food and just enjoyed my "hometown"... cannot wait to go back again!
 
First stop: Portillo's. ALWAYS. ((My mouth is literally watering typing this))
 

The best thing we did the whole trip was the river boat tour. It was a beautiful day, we got to hear some Chicago history and even better, it was a booze cruise. Sold.

the bean!

We got rained on a bit but still enjoyed walking around Lake Michigan


Heaven forbid we miss out on some Chicago Style pizza!



As a kid I loved the Shedd Aquarium, and as an adult its what I compare every aquarium to, and it did not disappoint!


We took in a cubbies game - One of my co-workers, Marion, just so happened to be in town at the same time and we met up before the game & later that night. So fun!



Please pardon the beer stain on my dress... compliments of my hubby!

 
We bought a city pass for our trip and it was by far one of the best things that we did. We got to skip lines and it made it so much easier! We still have so many things to do in the city, we need to start planning our next trip back!
 
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Soooo much fun!! We went to Chicago in '11 and loved the pizza so much we had some FedEx'd to us when we go home haha! We didn't get to stop at the bean, but we are going again in April next year so that is definitely on our list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to go to Chicago in the fall. It looks like such an amazing city with so much to do! Good to know the boat tour was worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover