photo NavIG_zpsuzzqczjq.png photo NavPin_zpsmv1krymf.png photo NavCon_zpsgrwsrtkn.png



Monday, August 26, 2013

((Minimal)) Weekend Things & lots of JT love

Why, oh whyyyyy is it already Monday? But I will quit my whining since a looooong, fun weekend is coming...

This weekend could possibly go down in history as the most boring, most lazy weekend ever, thanks to the Hubs. If I don't have a packed agenda for him, good luck getting him to shower let alone leave the bed/couch. Ugh. But I think all of my complaining will get him to put more pep in his step (plus I will not be giving him downtime moving forward, so there!)

Just a warning to those who follow me on IG - get ready for some repeats! Continuing with my pictures failures this weekend.

The only super fun thing we did do, was restaurant week with the bestests. 2 years ago we went to Stephen Pyles with Amber & Jordan so it was only appropriate to try out the new Stephen Pyles restaurant Stampede 66. Let me tell you peeps... it was so yummy!

Prickly-Pear Margaritas... which were frozen with liquid nitrogen... TABLESIDE. Excuse me?! That had my name (& Amber's) written all over it... I might have had two, oops!

To my husband's not-so-liking we went out in uptown for a few bevies.. don't be fooled, we were on our way home welllll before midnight. Party poopers.



I am overly excited for football season to be starting.. this means fall is coming & most importantly my favorite month - October, Texas weather in October?! Cant beat it- We watched the Cowboys Saturday night.. clearly Layla caught whatever lazy-bug J had this weekend.


Bribery is one of the best tools I have learned since being married. ((I'll be a great mom someday, huh?!)) I was hell-bent to get out of the house on Sunday... how to do that? Make the activity involve ice cream.

I swear he was much more excited about it than he appears..


 
mmmm Shakes! Takes me back (WAAAAAY back) to my college days. So yummy and zero calories... Shhhh, don't ruin it!
 
So I was all worried about this whole blogging again thing and how boring my posts were going to be... Cue the MTV Music Awards. Goldmine.
 
First off, the sole reason I watched these for the first time in about 10 years was for the N SYNC reunion rumors and of course, my love for Justin Timberlake ::swoon::
 
Let me paint a picture of me circa 1998 - freshman in high school my room had a Michael Jordan cutout (like the 6 feet tall kind) and framed Justin Timberlake posters. Weird combo? Not for this girl. I went to several concerts... even in different states.. dont hate!
 
 
Fast forward to freshman year in college, JT went solo, and his first CD was on repeat in our dorm room. All day. All night. & yes I said CD - this was well before the world of iPods.
 
 
I think that we can all agree that he has gotten much more handsome with age.. Oh heeeey!
 
 
Although the NSYNC portion of JT's performance was probably the most sad (his dance moves had to slow down for the others... and well... we all know why he went solo..) it was still really fun to see them all up there together. His performance also made me fall in love all over again.
  • Looked for concert tickets. guilty.
  • Concert is sold out. Looked on Craigs List. guilty.
  • Willing to pay whatever it takes to get good seats. guilty.
  • Willing to have this be on of my birthday/Christmas gifts. guilty.
  • Listened to JT all day at work. guilty.
  • Pre-ordered vol.2 of 20/20. guilty.
So what if I am reverting back to my 14 year old self right before I turn 30... I can guaran-damn-tee it that every girl my age is doing the same thing. Or are in serious denial.
 
I leave you with the best performance known to man:
 
 
 
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that margarita sounds incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I endured the Miley train wreck just so I wouldn't miss a second of NSYNC's performance. JT was postered aaaaallll over my early teen years room ;) And I have learned in my marriage also that using ice cream as a reward is the BEST thing that has ever happened to anything I want haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so close to purchasing Justin tickets and I wish I would have. I love your blog and read all the time, but this is my first time commenting. I also nominated you for the Liebster Award:)

    http://ourfishyfamily.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover