photo NavIG_zpsuzzqczjq.png photo NavPin_zpsmv1krymf.png photo NavCon_zpsgrwsrtkn.png



Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thai!

I hadnt eaten Thai food since the beginning of college, and I cannot tell you what struck me about this recipe on Pinterest, but I really wanted to try it.

Maybe it was the whole crock pot thing? My husband who wont eat anything "scary" will literally eat anything out of the crockpot... he could care-less what it is. It was made in the crock pot - DONE.

Maybe subconsciously I knew it was the only way I would be eating Thai... that aside, this recipe did not disappoint.

Hot & Spicy Braised Peanut Chicken
Notice my amazing quality photo???? Thanks baby for my new blog worthy camera!
Ingredients
2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
1 1/2 cups sliced carrot (3 medium)
1 small red sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces I used breasts
3/4 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
2 - 3 teaspoons red curry paste Next time I make this I will use more.. there was no heat to ours
4 garlic, minced
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup frozen peas
Hot cooked rice We used rice noodles
Chopped peanuts
Snipped fresh cilantro

To Do:
1. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, place onions, carrot, and sweet pepper. Top with chicken. In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, peanut butter, lime peel, lime juice, soy sauce, tapioca, ginger, curry paste, and garlic until smooth. Pour over all in cooker.

2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. I did ours for 6 hours... personally I think the chicken was a bit over done... so next time I will probably only do it for 4 - 5 hours

3. Stir in coconut milk and peas. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.

4. Serve chicken mixture over hot cooked rice (noodles). If desired, sprinkle each serving with chopped peanuts and cilantro. Makes 6 servings.

The always critical hubby gave it thumbs up!


Enjoy!!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover