photo NavIG_zpsuzzqczjq.png photo NavPin_zpsmv1krymf.png photo NavCon_zpsgrwsrtkn.png



Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Weekends

This weekend was long and short all at the same time. Friday was a full work day for both J&I, but then Saturday we hit the ground running. Had errands to run & then we headed out to good old Flower Mound to celebrate a very belated 60th birthday to Scotty Potty. Z&C came into town and we (really, Zak) cooked dinner and drank too much wine. Or maybe that was just me, but that's neither here nor there.









Sunday was a long anticipated day. Even before G was born, there were a lot of serious discussions that J&I had and among them was religion/church/etc. I am not going to pretend that we go to church every week. We don't. We don't go every other week. I would say we rarely go. Ever. However, that doesn't mean that we aren't believers or that God/Jesus aren't in our lives. It has always been important to me that Grayson was baptized. Growing up Catholic, this is something that I believe in and wanted for G. Jarrett was also baptized as a Methodist. After months of talking about it, we finally chose a date. So this past Sunday G was baptized in the same church Jarrett was many years ago.


I didn't snap many photos, but our nearest and dearest friends and family were there to make it even more special. Directly after he was sprinkled the pastor showed him off to the congregation while they sang "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" I mean, waterworks, yall. The sweetest moment for this mama.


Z&C - G's God Parents









1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover