photo NavIG_zpsuzzqczjq.png photo NavPin_zpsmv1krymf.png photo NavCon_zpsgrwsrtkn.png



Thursday, June 9, 2016

Let's Eat: 11 Months



We have started to work with utensils. I usually pull out two, one for me and one for him. I let him hold one and I will "stab" the food for him, but he is capable of brining the fork to his mouth (and making it!) no problem. When he tries to stab the food, he more like moves it around the tray. We are a work in progress.


Schedule:
6:30 am/7:30 am: Wake, 4ounce bottle,
*banana/Plum mish mosh breakfast pouch, get ready for school
I don't always give him solids/pouch in the morning. Actually its probably more likely that he doesn't get food in the morning. I am thinking that I should start doing it more often as we know weaning off of milk is coming.
9:00 am: Snack (puffs, fruit, or wafer cookie) & 4 ounce bottle
11:00 am: Lunch (meat, vegetable & fruit) & 4 ounce bottle
3:00 pm: Snack (puffs, fruit or wafer cookie) & 4 ounce bottle
6:00pm/6:30 pm: Dinner (meat/eggs/fruit/vegetable/yogurt)
6:45 pm/7:15 pm: 1-4 ounces of bottle


I decided mid-month to take down all of his bottles to 4 ounces. I noticed that on the weekends it was a real struggle to get him to drink the whole thing. And as any breastfeeding mother knows, watching your hard earned milk go down the drain is painful. And to be honest, I am down to my last 100-150 ounces I have in the freezer, so wasting it was literally killing me. I asked school what their thoughts were and they were all in, since they had been having to take several tries to get him to drink all of it as well. I haven't passed this by Dr Pass, but in a month he will need to wean anyway, right? For now this is my plan, unless he seems hungry again, then I will reassess.


I am continuing to watch what I put on his plate, as he will house the fruit and skip the veggies if the choice is there. I am still putting new items or items that are not his favorite first and then working towards the fruit to be dessert.


I have been trying to feed him new things so he doesn't tire of chicken. Keep in mind these plates are FULL. Some nights he eats almost all of it. Other nights Layla gets a bigger helping. Once he starts dropping everything on the floor, I know dinnertime is over.

Within the next day or two we will have burned through our entire deep freezer stash of breast milk. I thought I would only make it through May, so G's schedule change of less milk helped get us until now. I know I should be excited, happy and proud to have made it this far, but for some reason coming so close to a year but not making it makes me sad. I just had a discussion today with friends about how funny things are. Things I thought I would care/not care about vs the reality of those things now while living it. Even when I was pregnant I knew that I wanted to breastfeed, but also knew that if it didn't work out for me, that was ok. Formula works too. But once I was on a roll with it, it became super important to me to keep up my supply, and to save, save SAVE. I know that last breast milk bottle will be a sad one for me to see go. But we are growing up and soon bottles all together will be a thing of the past.


Left: Tacos, Spanish Rice, Grapes, Guacamole
Right: Beans, Cilantro Lime Rice, Crockpot Chicken Fajitas, Guacamole & Blackberries


Clockwise:
Pasta Milano, Broccoli, Grapes
Southwest Quinoa with Beef, Spinach Cakes, Strawberries
Turkey Sausage, Rosemary Garlic Sweet Potatoes, Scrambled Eggs, Blackberries
Pasta with Sauce, Chicken Parmesan, Peas
Crockpot Ribs, Mandarin Oranges, Corn, and Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash
Chicken Pot Pie, Blackberries and Strawberries


Clockwise:
Pulled Pork, Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans, Strawberries
Meatballs, Cheese Ravioli, Garlic Bread, Mushrooms, Grapes
Chicken Stir Fry, Blackberries
Oven Baked Chicken, Green Beans, Fruit Medley, DeeDee's Pasta
Hard Boiled Egg, Broccoli, Grapes, Sweet Potatoes, Mushrooms
Sloppy Joe's, Spinach Cake, Pureed Butternut Squash, Banana, Strawberries
Cucumber and Hummus, Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes, Lemon Pepper Broccoli, Chicken, Strawberries
Pork Potstickers, Broccoli, Parmesan Sweet Potatoes, Raspberries
Meatballs, Sweet Potatoes, Blackberries, Mushrooms and Pasta with Italian Dressing and Carrots


Lots of sweet potatoes and chicken, but we are expanding our horizons. Its fun to meal plan for all of us and seeing G grow up in the kitchen.






3 comments:

  1. I'm going to need you to come be Jack's personal chef!! All this looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you prep any of this ahead of time? I love the variety you are offering! So awesome. Really inspires me to try a bit harder with my boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do.. I prep mainly on Sunday afternoons for him. That way after work we can play and dinner just needs to be popped into the microwave quickly. Or if he is eating the same thing we are that night (usually crockpot) then its made that day. Its fun to give him new things and see his reaction :)

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover