photo NavIG_zpsuzzqczjq.png photo NavPin_zpsmv1krymf.png photo NavCon_zpsgrwsrtkn.png



Thursday, March 3, 2011

Making Progress

So about 20 months ago I met this boy. He was ok - I guess. Then, he grew on me and the freakin goober Wont.Go.Away. Well, I guess I should be honest. I dont want him to go away :) Even though he IS a SER-IOUS GOOOOOB!



When I first started dating J, we went out to eat all the time. I have a serious love for cooking, thanks to both of my parents, so I volunteered to cook for J one night. I had no idea what he liked, what he didnt like, what his preferences were, etc. So I asked "what veggies do you not eat" He listed "Asparagus, brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, spinach, squash, zuchinni..." You get the idea. So I thought I was home free - NONE of those were in my dish for the night! Came to J's, started unpacking my groceries... EEEERRRRRRTTT! "Mushrooms?!" .."Yes, that wasnt on your list".. "Its a fungus, not a vegetable".. "Well, shit! Just try it!" And he did. And he now requests the meal. [He does still pick out some mushrooms, he still cant do mushroom overload, but he eats 'em]

His first aspargus experience... At my parents. Scott's grilling & and J is trying to get in with the old man. Scott asks J to try to the aspargus... he does, even though he doesnt want to. Surprisingly - LOVES it. Later to find out, he had never even HAD asparagus.
This tiny fact now works against the boy. I now know that when he says he doesnt like it, that means he's never tried it. Rut row, J - your cover is blown!
Tonight I tried one of my favs, Chocolate Broccoli, recipes. Butternut Squash and Spinach Ravioli Lasagna which translated to J was "Ravioli Lasgana" and he was excited about it all!
Here is the sauce... that I added his meat too, so he can be happy... and in the other pan, onions, SPINACH, MUSHROOMS... and in the microwave that you cant see... the forbidden BUTTERNUT SQUASH.
And I am sooooooo PROUD of J!!!!!!!! All the butternut squash.. GONE! Spinach, almost gone and only a few straggling mushrooms!

J is such a BIG boy now and ALL of my followers better be following Chocolate Broccoli, because its good for you AND YUMMY. You have now seen the proof my friends! DO IT!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover