photo NavIG_zpsuzzqczjq.png photo NavPin_zpsmv1krymf.png photo NavCon_zpsgrwsrtkn.png



Monday, August 22, 2011

Oh, Baking...

We meet again!

Damn my obsession with watch the Food Network ... and on this day in particular, Damn the show Cupcake Wars. They make it look so easy - cupcakes with jalapenos? No problem. Cupcakes with bacon? No problem. Cupcakes with tobacco? EW but it was done. This got my creative juices flowing, I wanted to do something exciting. I saw an Elvis Cupcakes, and all sorts of other creations, but my sweet husband reminded me that I am not a Cupcake Wars Professional and I should keep it simple. So I did.

I found a simple Vanilla, Vanilla Cupcake Recipe on Martha Stewart  .

Yes, from scratch... no box for me this go around!


Lookin good so far!


Since I was told I would only be able to do a simple cuppycake, I spiced them up with candy toppings: Snickers, Butterfinger, Twix, Oreo Candy Bar and Reese's... yum!


Could this be success?

In case you're wondering what hubby is doing during baking date night... here you go...

I even made from scratch frosting - it was yums! At least I had one thing right for sure!



Finished Masterpieces... now the question is do they taste good?


I got hubby approval! Woot Woot!


I feel like I can officially say that I have cupcakes under my belt - now maybe I can get crazy with flavors... Lemon Cupcake with Raspberry filling/frosting?! Quite possibly my next attempt... YAYAYAYAYAYAYA - Baking Success!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover