photo NavIG_zpsuzzqczjq.png photo NavPin_zpsmv1krymf.png photo NavCon_zpsgrwsrtkn.png



Wednesday, December 14, 2011

DIY: Modern Nutcracker

I love West Elm. A lot.

I fell in love with these nutcrackers:


But I sure as heck did not fall in love with the prices ($30-$70) YOWZAS!

So I did a little research on Pinterest and found this blog with a how to (Goodness Pinterest has everything) I wont get as fancy as she did, with her german quotes... But here is how it went:

We unaccessorized them, gave them "haircuts", sanded them, sprayed them down (about 4 coats - the red was hard to get rid of)

Then we found them homes!



Did I mention that we got the big guy at Walgreens for $7.99 and the little guy at Michaels for $2.00. So take that West Elm!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover