photo NavIG_zpsuzzqczjq.png photo NavPin_zpsmv1krymf.png photo NavCon_zpsgrwsrtkn.png



Monday, December 12, 2011

Easy Peasy Meals: Crock Pot Lasagna

I love Italian food. Love. LOVE. LOVE!

While browsing pinterst I found a recipe for crockpot lasagna. Lasagna and I dont have to do anything except turn on the crock pot? Done & done!

Crock Pot Lasagna



Ingredients:
Pasta Sauce (I did make my own easy sauce because I am slightly a snob about it - I'll include this below, but store bought works)
Lasagna noodles
Ricotta Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese

Pasta Sauce: Brown hot italian sausage, sautee a yellow and orange pepper, a large yellow onion in garlic, italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Add in fire roasted diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and a small can of tomato paste. Let the flavors marry over low heat for 20 - 30 minutes.

Lasagna: Place 1/3 of the pasta sauce in the bottom of the crockpot. Place uncooked lasagna noodles ontop of sauce. Break them if necessary to make fit. Place 1/3 of the ricotta cheese over the noodles. Layer twice more. The original recipe said to cook on low for 4 hours. After about 2 hours, it was done, so its a lot quicker than I thought! I placed mozzarella cheese over the top and covered it for about 5 minutes to allow it to melt.

I made some garlic bread and a salad (out of a bag - I know, real gourmet) and we were ready to go! Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover