photo NavIG_zpsuzzqczjq.png photo NavPin_zpsmv1krymf.png photo NavCon_zpsgrwsrtkn.png



Monday, December 5, 2011

Easy Peasy Meals: Peppered Steak

Happy December!

I dont know about all of you, but December marks the beginning of a crazy busy month (& for me, an even crazier month). Even though life is busier than normal this month, I still dont like to put the knives down or the pots and pans away... but I am willing to make life a little easier on myself. So every Monday this month I will post an "easy peasy" meal.

This week, we will start with a childhood favorite of mine... I have no clue what made me crave Peppered Steak this week, since I have not had it for years. When I called my mom for the recipe, she couldnt even remember... but after racking her brain a bit she was able to come up with the main ingredients - the rest was my guesstimates and it all turned out delish.

Peppered Steak

Ingredients:
Sirloin
Green Pepper
Yellow Pepper
Large Yellow Onion
Pot Roast Mix
Egg Noodles
Garlic
Olive Oil
Worchestire Sauce
Pepper & Salt

1. Pound the Sirloin to a 1/4 inch thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Add minced garlic and olive oil and rub in. Cut the sirloin into strips. Drizzle with the Worchestire Sauce. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.

2. While the meat marinates, cut the yellow and green pepper and the yellow onion into strips.

3. Take the Pot Roast Mix and add 3 cups of water (this is more than the package requires). Add to skillet and bring to a boil. Once the sauce is boiling, add the sirloin and veggie mix. Bring down the heat. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until meat is cooked properly and veggies are tender.

4. While the meat and veggies are cooking, boil water and cook the egg noodles according to the package. Add the noodles to the sirloin and veggie mix and serve.

This made more than enough for J&I - we could have fed 1 or 2 other people as well. Super easy. Super delish! Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover