photo NavIG_zpsuzzqczjq.png photo NavPin_zpsmv1krymf.png photo NavCon_zpsgrwsrtkn.png



Monday, December 19, 2011

Easy Peasy Meals: Stuffed Bell Peppers

Here is a meal that I have been eating since I was a child - and soooo super easy!

((& shame on me for not taking a photo - so I stole this off of google images))


Stuffed Bell Peppers

Ingredients
8 Green Peppers
1lb Ground Beef ((I used Ground Turkey... and my husband was angry))
1 can diced tomatoes
1 chopped yellow bell pepper
1 medium chopped onion
1 can tomato sauce
Garlic
Italian Seasoning
Bread Crumbs

Directions
Preheat the oven to 425*

Cut the tops off the green peppers. I do not cut off as much as the photo above, but it is at your discretion. Brown the beef (or turkey) in a little olive oil and garlic. I add italian seasoning (which I put on everything) to taste. Add in chopped onion and chopped bell pepper. Let sautee for 5 - 7 minutes. Add in diced tomatoes and half of the tomato sauce.

Fill the green peppers with the filling. Top each with remaining tomato sauce and with a tablespoon (ish) of breadcrumbs.

Bake for 30 minutes and serve.

((As yall can see, I cook like my parents.. "ish" and "to taste" is my general rule of thumb.. if you have questions about any of my "recipes" just let me know!))

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover