photo NavIG_zpsuzzqczjq.png photo NavPin_zpsmv1krymf.png photo NavCon_zpsgrwsrtkn.png



Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Dates

Bacon Wrapped Dates
with Almond & Goat Cheese
 
Quite a while back, I went to a wedding for my boss-lady & we all got together at one of my co-workers' house prior. I was happily munching on a pimento cheese spread, along with a bacon wrapped something. It was sweet, cheesy & nutty. It was gooood. Finally I asked what it was - a bacon wrapped date.. hmmm?? ok!?
 
Just a few weekends ago, J&I hosted  supper club and I really wanted to re-create this bacon wrapped date. I am not sure of how Kasey created hers, but I put this together after talking with some of the girls in the office (major plus of working with all women; awesome recipes).
 
Mom - earmuffs please....
 
Please pardon my photo.. I didnt take pictures at Supper Club and I made these again for Thanksgiving and didnt take a picture again... so I had my lovely mommy take a quick pic for me..... I know you eat with your eyes first, but please trust me that these are delish!
 
 
 
Ingredients
1 package of dried pitted dates
Almonds
Goat Cheese
Bacon
 
Directions
- Preheat the oven to 400*
- Make a slice into the date, stuff with 1 almond and about 1 teaspoon of goat cheese. (I used my hands)
- Wrap 1/3 of a bacon strip around the date and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes; or the bacon is to your desired crispy
- Serve immediately
 
Enjoy!!
 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover