photo NavIG_zpsuzzqczjq.png photo NavPin_zpsmv1krymf.png photo NavCon_zpsgrwsrtkn.png



Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Twinkle, twinkle


I.love.Christmastime.
 
To me, it truly is the 'most wonderful time of the year', but why is it that lights are not the most wonderful anything, ever?!
 
Over the weekend we planned on Christmas-fying the outside of the house.
 
Every year, we usually just do lights on the ground and maybe the biggest tree out front. This year, I was determined that we would have lights on our rooftop. I volunteered to do this since I might have gotten on the roof on 4th of July, and seemed to think it was no biggie.
 
We got up, got the lights out, bought more lights, and were ready to get to work...
 

I learned multiple things during this experience.
 
1. I am, indeed, afraid of heights. I talked big game, but the minute my butt was on our roof, I wanted down. NOW. Without having to move of course. For a minute I think J thought we were going to have a standoff. I literally wouldnt move.
 
I now know why people pay people to do these things.
 
 
2. Our house is much more steep that one would think.
 
 
3. These stupid little white things suck. They hurt your fingers. And I dont like them. At all.
 
 
Same goes for the stupid spike thingys that I then had to do, so we could outline the ground, since the rooftop thing was an obvious bust.
 
Womp, womp.
 
We are still incomplete.... I will share our finished ((safe)) project soon!
 

 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover