photo NavIG_zpsuzzqczjq.png photo NavPin_zpsmv1krymf.png photo NavCon_zpsgrwsrtkn.png



Monday, July 18, 2011

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly... & The Okay

The Good:

J&I were going to go out to one of my faves, Fireside Pies, but for reasons you'll see below, we decided to stay in and try out our culinary skills. We made Bobby Flay's Pizza Dough Recipe and had a pizza cook-off! The only thing about the dough that I changed, was that I added italian seasoning to the dough - it was delicious!

We both got our hands dirty.



While the dough was rising we got our toppings together.


J's selections: Jalapenos, yellow, orange, green bell peppers, hot cherry peppers, onions, garlic, basil, italian seasoning, and red crushed peppers.

My selections: Garlic, yellow, orange, green bell peppers, spicy itlaian sausage, onions, basil, mushrooms, italian seasoning, and red crushed peppers.


J's Pizza
I inhaled before taking my first bite and instantly started coughing - this pizza was ON FIRE!
 My Pizza:

On Friday night, I requested a movie.. there isnt a lot out right now, so J so kindly surrendered to my love for children's movies, (I swear the Blockbuster peeps think we have children) and brought home Diary of a Wimpy Kid. J did allow me to start the movie in our room without him, and he'd be "right in". After about my third or fourth out loud laugh (which doesnt happen much when I watch TV/Movies), my curious man came to bed and made me start the movie over.


We both enjoyed the movie so much, we opted to stay in Saturday night and get the second movie from the series, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Roderick Rules. Not as funny; however still good. Now I'm wondering if my kindle needs to provide a home for these books... is that embarrassing?????

The Bad:

Oooohhhh, Casey Anthony has re-joined the free world.. Good luck, girl, good luck!!


The Ugly:

USA women's soccer vs. Japan... 2 defensive breakdowns, and a terrible showing in PKs. I think this picture explains it all.


Although, we all should be so so proud of our ladies - they did an amazing job and represented our country and our women SO, so well!

And not to put only our ladies on blast - how old is this guy?! Clearly senile!


The Okay:

Dessert attempt #2 (If you missed my first entry, you can catch up here).

Razz-Ma-Taz Bars ((I added Lemon... duh))

We all know that I love raspberry.. anything raspberry really. And I love raspberry and lemon together.. so when I saw this recipe, I decided to add in the juice of 1 lemon.

They are edible. There's a start. They do taste good. Thats my second plus. My negative, the texture... they cant be cut into bars.. it turned out more like mushy than bar-y? But after J tasted it, he requested a plate-full; therefore its somewhat a succes? We'll go with just Ok.


Have a fantastic week!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover