photo NavIG_zpsuzzqczjq.png photo NavPin_zpsmv1krymf.png photo NavCon_zpsgrwsrtkn.png



Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Stuffed Artichoke

Stuffed artichokes have been part of my childhood and I have brought them into J&I's new life together... ((thats right, the man who is afraid of anything green, eats artichokes))

I have always steamed my artichokes, stuffed, then baked... its a long process. Sometimes 45 minutes to just steam, then baking takes about 20 minutes..

A few weeks ago I was chatting with my co-worker/friend/Texas Multi Mama,Teryn, about party planning, recipes, kids, etc. And we got on the subject of our love of artichokes. I was so happy to hear that I make them the same way as her legit italian momma in law (thanks to my dad!) With breadcrumbs, olive oil, and parmesan cheese.


But what Miss Teryn did share with me, was the most fabulous secret I was unaware of...

If you followed the link above, you saw that Teryn is a momma of 4.. thats right, I said FOUR. But not only four, 1 pre-teen daughter, and triplet 4 year old boys.... holy crap.

Clearly this woman has to multi-task and save time where she can. So with kiddos on the horizon... THE DISTANT HORIZON.. dont get crazy folks.. this is a fabulous secret to have.

I can still have artichokes, but in half the time. Was the artichoke and trim like you would if you were going to steam over the stove... then wrap loosly in seran wrap. Microwave for 5 minutes. Once complete, let rest for 2 - 3 minutes.

Remove from microwave, unwrape and fill with breadcrumb filling.



Bake for 20 minutes at 400*


We always juice a lemon over the top... eat it plain, dip in ranch, tobasco, really whatever you prefer... but dont let that heart go to waste!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover