photo NavIG_zpsuzzqczjq.png photo NavPin_zpsmv1krymf.png photo NavCon_zpsgrwsrtkn.png



Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fall DIY

Yesterday you saw our Friendsgiving... today, I am going to share my DIYs in case you want to squeeze in one this week before Thanksgiving!

Oh sweet Pinterest.. how you have elevated my DIY projects at such perfect timing!

I desperately wanted to do a take home... I think its just a good touch, and also is something a good hostess should always do... after finding these S'mores Bars Kit on Pinterst I knew I had found the right thing... We all know J's love for S'mores! - See the recipe here from Ms. Paula Deen.


We are some wine drinkers in this D-Way casa... and my husband is a hoarder.. I may have mentioned this a few times before, and if I havent this surely wont be the last time you do... so we have a few hundred wine and champagne corks in nooks and crannies around the house. We went ahead and put them to good use for placement cards and food labels by creating a slit in the top of each cork with a razorblade... watch your fingers! J almost lost one helping make these! I have always wanted to do this.. if we would have had tables at our wedding this would have been the display for sure

Next up DIY Yarn Wreath .. I found the idea on... wait for it... Pinterest (Shocking, I know). There are a million tutorials out there.. but here is one site with super elaborate wreaths... I probably shouldnt show you because they make mine look minimal
First you'll notice that my flowers are not fancy schmancy... Lets be honest, I like to DIY, but I truly dont have the time to make my own felt flowers. So thanks to Michaels, I found some already made felt flowers.


We also realized that it was hard to continuously put a whole ball of yarn through the wreath a million times, so my brilliant hubs gave me a cigar holder and I would wrap a good amount of yarm around it to then wrap the wreath. It was so much more manageable and made the process go by quickly.

As soon as I found out we were going to do Friendsgiving, I started to think about the table and all of the things we would need. Napkin Rings were a must... however for $5 a pop at my fav, Crate & Barrel, x24 = husband saying HELLLLLLLL NO. :) So I did some googling and stumbled upon this - perfect!

One of the hardest parts about this project was finding acorns with the caps still on, but we managed. & I LOVED the outcome and they were practically free - we had all of the supplies here at the house..
I'm so excited about our Christmas finds on Pinterest... I'll update you with those soon too!

Happy DIY-ing!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover