photo NavIG_zpsuzzqczjq.png photo NavPin_zpsmv1krymf.png photo NavCon_zpsgrwsrtkn.png



Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday:
Cooking Edition

With my travel schedule being so crazy the past few weeks, I realized how much cooking really means to me.

I gather inspiration for cooking from all over the place; My parents cooking, Chocolate Broccoli, Cooking Light magazine, Everyday with Rachel Ray, Food Network magazine.. and hoping to start to try Pinterest recipes as well.

Every time one of my magazines comes in the mail, I am on the couch or laying in bed, "dog-earing" every recipe I would like to try, or ones I think my picky-icky husband will eat! Its so relaxing and a great way for me to unwind.

I have realized over time, that they crazier the programs I come home from are, or the less I sleep on-site the more apt I am to cooking the first night I come home. Its almost like it is therapeutic to me.

I grew up in the kitchen with both of my parents. Sitting on the countertop are found memories to me. So I have decided today on Thankful Thursday, I will share a family recipe with all of you...

Scott & Debs Delish Chili! 

What you need:
1tbsp of Olive Oil
1lb of (Lean) Ground Beef
1 Chopped Onion
1 Chopped Green Pepper
1 minced Clove of Garlic (I personally use A.LOT.MORE.) 
2 Diced Stalks of Celery
1oz of Baking Chocolate
1 Can of Tomato Sauce
23oz Can of Stewed Tomatoes
1tbsp of Sugar
2 Alarm Chili Kit (looks like this) 
1lb Can of Kidney Beans (Optional; not happening in my house - duh!)

1. Chop the onion, green pepper and celery.


2. Brown the beef. Once cooked, add in onion, green pepper, and celery. Let sautee for about 5 minutes. Add chocolate, tomato sauce, tomatoes, and spices from the 2 Alarm Chili (I use all of each packet, except for the salt).

3. Simmer on low for 45 minutes. After this I generally allow the flavors to marry on the stove without heat for another hour or so.

4. We do frito pies at our house - so I pile in my Frito Scoops, top with chili, fresh onion and mexican style cheese. YUM!


So, this Thursday, I am thankful for cooking. A great stress reliever, and what happens in the room I believe is that heart of the home (kitchen!)

Send some recipes my way - I would love to try your favorites! What are you thankful for today???

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I am SO thankful for YOU today, sweet friend. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover